Header Ads

Veteran Actor!!! Why I Cry A Lot In Yoruba Movies – Pa. Tunbosun Odunsi, Veteran Actor



How did acting begin for you? 
My name is Olatunbosun Odunsi. How did I start? I started acting in Lagos with Olayemi Sycostration Orchestra at Ile-Nla in Ebute –Metta. They performed for churches and because they would not leave Lagos and I was interested in going round, I had to join the late Hubert Ogunde. I worked with him for almost 8 years before I left to form my group, the Araba concert, then.
And before I joined acting, I was a student and right from school, I joined Syncopation Orchestra and when I got out of school and after obtaining my G2, I joined them fully before I moved to Baba Ogunde’s group.  I also briefly worked at a company in Apapa as a  Machine Operator, Then I later moved fully to Baba Ogunde.
Acting for over 50 years, was there, anytime you felt like living acting out of frustration?
There wasn’t and this is simply because I took it as my real profession and I would not like anything to take me out of it. The nature of our job then also took us around the country and outside Nigeria.
So, I never gave it a thought quitting. But at a time, I embraced agriculture because I was into animal husbandry. I had my poultry and the poultry gave me enough money to finance my acting career and each time I go for rehearsals, my birds. Suffer. Many died, while I  was away on location.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.