Header Ads

Video: My Mother Gave Me The Beating Of My Life After My First Performance – Jide Kosoko

Jide Kosoko

Veteran Actor, Jide Kosoko has said starting up entertainment as a child actor was a herculean task as he had to 
Speaking on Channels Television, Rubbin’ Minds, Kosoko said both his father and mother didn’t approve his sojourn into the entertainment scene as a child and his mother even flogged him bitterly after she saw his first performance.
“Back then, no parent wanted their child to come into this (Entertainment Industry). Especially my father will tell me, “Jide you are a royal Prince of Lagos, you should not be entertaining people, in fact, people should be entertaining you.“My mother was a bit on the aggressive side, she doesn’t take it easy with me at all but I was able to manoeuvre.”
He narrated how he successfully auditioned for a role as a child actor without informing his parents. Kosoko said he felt like a hero when he got back to his neighbourhood after his first performance but his mother flogged him on that day
“One of our tenants, Dele Toyinbo, I never know he was a member of a travelling theatre group. When I eventually knew, I invited him to my primary school where he taught us some things on our entertainment day.
Jide Kosoko

No comments

Powered by Blogger.